Friday, October 7, 2011

A Letter From My Son

This "homework" was to write a letter I would like to get from baby Marc. Here was the prompt.
Thank you for sharing....
You are right...
I understand...
I'm sorry...
I appreciate (or love)...
I wish...
I promise...
Thank you...

Mommy,

Thank you for sharing your feelings.  You are right, none of this is fair, you and daddy should not have to be suffering so much.  I understand that you did everything you could to make sure that I was healthy.  I know that every choice you made was the best you could do for me.  I wish that you knew how much I knew, wish that you knew how much I loved you back. Thank you for loving me so much. I know that you loved me, I felt it everyday. I heard you and daddy talking to me and singing to me. I'm sorry I can't be there with you now but I promise that I will never leave you.
I promise that you will make me a big brother and you and daddy will get to do the things you were supposed to be able to do with me.  I promise that you will always remember me and one day you will be able to think of me and smile instead of cry. It's alright to be happy again, I know it doesn't mean you have forgotten me.
I love you, I love daddy and I'm sorry that you don't get to see me open my eyes or smile, but I smiled when I was inside of you.
I smiled when I heard your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment