Friday, October 7, 2011

Rainbow Baby

I had never heard this term before but people on the grief support forums have a term for a child born after they’ve lost one-a rainbow baby.



"The term Rainbow Baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope."

Getting pregnant again is all I think about. Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I have this overwhelming need to be pregnant again right away. I know that our next child will never replace Marcus but I do think that it will be healing for me.  When it does happen, what a great way to think of baby Marc's little brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment